Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

As they say "My life in a nutshell", I like to say "My life in a migraine"

Tuesday October 30, 2012

After nearly 18 years of migraines, I have finally decided to start a blog sharing my story for a few reasons:

* I know that unless you've really experienced a true migraine, it's hard to empathize with those of us who do.
* I know that if you live with somebody who has never had a migraine before, you feel somewhat alone.
* I know how hard it is to get up and go to work everyday when you're in pain.
* I know that the days I feel "normal" I feel like I can do anything.
* I know that on the days I struggle in pain, I feel like crawling in a dark hole and never coming out.
* I know how frustrating it can be to see doctor after doctor, neurologist after neurologist, doing test after test only to have them say "we don't see anything" yet wanting to scream because you know how you feel every day.
* I know how it feels to break down in front of loved ones and even doctors over the anguish you feel.
* I know how it feels to have people expect things from you when YOU know it was a feat to even put on mascara that day.
* I know how it feels to try every medication on the market only to be let down day in and day out when it doesn't work.
* I know how it feels to change your diet (maybe they are due to food allergies) do cleanses (maybe I have a build up of toxins and that is creating migraines), change mattresses and pillows (maybe the way I sleep is causing them), wear mouth guards (maybe I'm clenching my jaw), change birth control countless times (maybe they are hormonal), skip periods (at first they came on only during my cycle so I would skip my placebo week hoping that would do the trick), meditate (maybe it's because I'm stressed), acupuncture, homeopathy, botox, massages, yoga, exercise, on and on and on only to have exhausted those attempts.
* I know how you start to feel like you're a burden to those around you when you complain everyday but if you don't vent, you feel alone.
* I know how hard it is to try to be social when all you want to do is be alone with ice packs surrounding your head
* I know how hard it is to drive when you're having aura symptoms but you have to work right?
* I know how it feels to say you just want someone to get a drill and drill your skull so you can have less pressure.
* I know how it feels to ask someone to get a bat and hit you upside the head......just once
* I know how it feels to be afraid to have children because you are afraid you won't be a good mother
* I know how it feels to have your spouse do simple daily routines like heat up something in the microwave, or chop vegetables and you want to run into another room and cover your ears because it feels like somebody is taking a drum and beating it next to your head
* I know how it feels to enjoy the smells of your favorite foods on "normal" days but feel like throwing up on migraine days
* I know how it feels to want to turn off any light and want to yell at someone when they accidentally turn on a light in the room you're in

I KNOW.............

No comments:

Post a Comment